Hello! My name is Heidi Good Swiacki. I have been married to Steve for 25 years, which has been filled with laughter, trust and love. We have 2 great kids, Ashton 22 and Chris 16. I have ALS, aka Lou Gehrigs Disease. I was officially diagnosed March '05, I was just turning 45. This blog will be about a myriad of topics. I will share my ALS story which will hopefully encourage others. It will show that quality of life comes in many forms. I have to tell you up front that there will be some spiritual references. Don't be afraid or turned off by that. Since I have had ALS I have seen many miracles. Let's be realistic, who can be a happy, non-verbal,ventilated quadriplegic without Faith? I hope you will join me and make this an interesting, educational, inspirational forum. Humor and the ability to enjoy life is required! :)


Heidi passed away 3-25-13 :(


August 4, 2013

Hello, Steve here. To help with the healing process, I am going to continue on with Heidi's blog, primarily talking about our lives and how we as a family are learning to live on with Heidi's memories pushing us forward. Topics covered will be geared towards the affects ALS has on loved ones.

Thursday, May 7, 2015

The next 17,520 hours

Heidi, it has been over 17,520 hours since we lost you. It is hard to comprehend what is believed to have happened but it is now reality.



Two Indicted for Murder of Solvang Resident
updated: May 07, 2015, 4:53 PM 
Source: Office of the District Attorney
Santa Barbara County District Attorney Joyce E. Dudley announced today that on May 1, 2015 the Grand Jury returned criminal indictments against Marjorie Good and Wanda Nelson for the murder of Heidi Good, on March 25, 2013 in Solvang, California.
Two Santa Barbara County Deputy District Attorneys presented to a Criminal Grand Jury the Sheriff investigation into the homicide. Thirty-three witnesses provided testimony to the Grand Jury. The transcript of this Grand Jury hearing will become public in approximately 20 days, unless the court orders that the transcripts be sealed.
The Grand Jury had a number of choices before it, ranging from declining to indict to filing an indictment with the most severe charge proven to them.
The Grand Jury after receiving testimony from the witnesses, in private and confidential deliberations, chose to indict both Marjorie Good and Wanda Nelson of willful, deliberate and premeditated first degree murder.
Marjorie Good was brought before the Honorable Judge Iwasko today May 7, 2015. Good's arraignment on the indictment was continued to May 12 in Dept. 9, at 8:30 a.m. in Santa Maria. Wanda Nelson has been arrested and is pending extradition from New York State.

3 comments:

  1. Horrifying, sick, and sad. Thank God for those DAs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting this. My dad was diagnosed with ALS about 6 month and a half ago after 1.5 years of undiagnosed symptoms. We are just beginning this journey and it's very frightening we started www .multivitamincare .org immediately because they have the right medicine to cure this als disease permanently , to say the least. The absolute certainty of the whole thing is the hardest to grasp, I wouldn’t see my father go down this road because of the help of natural organic formulas that was applied immediately . Some days are hard and others are easy all I’m saying that there cure at there www.multivitamincare.org Your post gave me a lot of perspective and I thank you for that,ALS is a chronic disease that took my dad many months to overcome. God bless

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first symptoms of ALS occurred in 2014, but was diagnosed in 2016. I had severe symptoms ranging from shortness of breath, balance problems, couldn't walk without a walker or a power chair, i had difficulty swallowing and fatigue. I was given medications which helped but only for a short burst of time, then I decided to try alternative measures and began on ALS Formula treatment from Tree of Life Health clinic. It has made a tremendous difference for me (Visit w w w. treeoflifeherbalclinic .com ). I had improved walking balance, increased appetite, muscle strength, improved eyesight and others. ]

    ReplyDelete