Hello! My name is Heidi Good Swiacki. I have been married to Steve for 25 years, which has been filled with laughter, trust and love. We have 2 great kids, Ashton 22 and Chris 16. I have ALS, aka Lou Gehrigs Disease. I was officially diagnosed March '05, I was just turning 45. This blog will be about a myriad of topics. I will share my ALS story which will hopefully encourage others. It will show that quality of life comes in many forms. I have to tell you up front that there will be some spiritual references. Don't be afraid or turned off by that. Since I have had ALS I have seen many miracles. Let's be realistic, who can be a happy, non-verbal,ventilated quadriplegic without Faith? I hope you will join me and make this an interesting, educational, inspirational forum. Humor and the ability to enjoy life is required! :)


Heidi passed away 3-25-13 :(


August 4, 2013

Hello, Steve here. To help with the healing process, I am going to continue on with Heidi's blog, primarily talking about our lives and how we as a family are learning to live on with Heidi's memories pushing us forward. Topics covered will be geared towards the affects ALS has on loved ones.

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Healing when does it begin






Heidi, 8 years ago when you were diagnosed with ALS, our lives stopped.We no longer thought about our future together, you wanted to make a difference, inspire people with your actions, to let the world know about ALS so that a cure could be found. You led be example with your love and devotion to your lord, jesus Christ. Me on the other hand got so caught up in making sure you would be comfortable during our final years together, I lost the perspective of living and appreciating each day.

It has been over one year, five months  since you left this world for a better place. The investigation is still in process, the police are convinced someone took your life. The people who were with you your final hours accused me of somehow facilitating your death. 

Time heals all wounds, this is something I have heard repeatedly my entire life. At what point does this healing process begin? It began for me when Jesus entered my life during the easter service. I was tired of living with the anger and hatred for what had happened to our family shortly after you had passed. Ashton and I were baptized together, I believe this was the beginning of our next days together,  you being our angel in heaven, we taking small steps each day towards forgiveness and appreciating each day for allowing air to enter our lungs until we are together again. 

I see you, this picture of our wedding day feels so surreal, as though it is happening now. We miss you terribly but I find myself thinking about this day, our days together as husband and wife. Although there are many days filled with tears, they are tears of joy that you picked me as your man and we lived and honored our vows for 26.5 years.  

No comments:

Post a Comment